Friday, December 15, 2006

Here we go!

One of the ideas I had been throwing around in my head since the original outings with the class from church, was going out to the various college campuses. It took me awhile to get up the courage to actually call Maricopa community college district to see what their policies were concerning us being on their campuses. It took me even longer to set up some dates for us to go share Jesus there. The people in the student life center at Chandler/Gilbert CC were initially kind of irritated with what we wanted to do there but I think after seeing that we didn't carry megaphones or sandwich boards that read "TURN OR BURN," they eased up on their presuppositions about us.

I was encouraged by the response from students. The rudest reaction we got was merely being ignored or waved off with an "I'm good" from a quickly moving speed walker. Actually, the conversations were engaging. I think that college age people are more willing in general to discuss life issues and controversial subjects. Whatever their reasons for giving us the time of day, we were there for one reason: To preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online